Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Raspberry Pi - Another New Toy

I got my hands on a Raspberry Pi this morning in school. Not having a monitor with a HDMI connection I decided to try out the convertor I got a while back to connect an Apple TV to a VGA projector. The Kanex ATV Pro was recommended by Greg Ashe on the CESI mailing list

I did a short video showing the Pi booting, loading the desktop, going to a web page and loading Scratch. The video was done with a phone in one hand and typing and using the computer with the other so the production quality is poor but you can see it works fine.


No idea what I'm going to do with this thing yet.

3 comments:

  1. Get a 3D printer like a makerbot or a mendel, design some objects and print them it off using the Pi. Easy to say but awesome to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a kanex ATV pro and connected to my raspberry pi to my Samsung 22 inch LCD screen, and found that it did not working, the screen up and down, it seems the pi does not have enough power for the display. does it mean it only works in the projector?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good share of this nice post. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete